Asus developer team is working day and night so that Asus users do not face any bugs in the mobile. After a major update in Asus Zenfone 5z this month, now the users are again receiving another major update. This Asus Zenfone 5z another major update will add new features to the mobile.
The face unlock is made better and now it has started supporting the ‘lift-to-wake’ feature. This major update has also added new gestures to the mobile.
The most important thing, this OTA update has added various new camera features too. According to the complete changelog, the phone will automatically detect frequency based lighting condition. This will prevent flickering during the video recording.
After this major update, users can also turn on EIS 18:9 @30fps or [email protected] video capture. Users can also let the phone switch between EIS or OIS on and off. According to Asus the white balancing in the PRO mode is improved a lot. Also, the overall quality of the selfie camera is also improved.
Asus Zenfone 5z Major Update Changelog
- Lift to Face unlock
- No need to press the power button to wake and face unlock
- Gesture Controls incorporated
- New Camera Functionalities
- It supports Auto anti-flicker feature (Phone will auto-detect electricity frequency based on lighting condition and switch the frequency set between 50 Hz and 60 Hz to prevent flickering)
- Support EIS feature in [email protected] & 18:[email protected]
- Selfie Camera improvements
- Support EIS/OIS auto switch feature during video recording (The Camera will switch to either OIS or EIS to take super smooth videos depending on conditions)
- Support overheat detection in video recording mode (Mainly useful while recording)
- Improved Manual White Balance function in PRO mode
- Support 3 Dimensional Noise Reduction feature also in PRO mode
The other major features are already included in the previous update. If the latest update has not received on your mobile you can also download it manually.
Asus Zenfone 5Z Specifications and Features
The Asus Zenfone 5Z used to be the cheapest smartphone with Snapdragon 845 SoC, but the crown has now taken by the Xiaomi Poco F1. The Zenfone 5Z flaunts a 6.2-inch Full HD+ display on the front with a resolution of 1080×2246 pixels and 18:9 aspect ratio. The phone is powered by the Snapdragon 845 chipset, coupled with 6GB/8GB of RAM and 64GB/128GB/256GB of internal storage. There’s even a microSD card slot for storage expansion up to 512GB.
The Zenfone 5Z has two cameras on the rear side- a 12MP primary shooter paired to an 8MP secondary wide-angle sensor. Up front, the phone has an 8MP shooter. The Zenfone 5Z is armed with a 3300mAh battery, and the software offers a lot of AI features.
Asus Zenfone 5Z Price in India
Asus is selling the 6GB+64GB variant of the Zenfone 5Z at Rs 29,999 in India, which is followed by the 6GB+128GB version at Rs 32,999. Lastly, the premium variant with 8GB RAM and 256GB storage is available for a price of Rs 36,999.